Monday, April 14, 2014

Author's Reflections- Comic #132












#132
 
Like I hinted at in the commentary for #99, I’d bought a house and I needed something big to explain the eventual change of ‘scenery’ when I got moved and settled. The next eighteen strips comprise the final story arc in my apartment and I think some of the behind the scenes stories are pretty entertaining as well!
 
I knew exactly how I was going to explain the scenery change for quite awhile so these stories were written VERY quickly and easily. With Unicron gone, I immediately wanted Megatron brought back into the picture. That was integral to what I needed for the storyline. I actually really enjoy this particular comic, everyone has some decent lines, the effect I threw on top of the first picture turned out perfectly, the campiness of an ‘invisible building’ was funny (to me anyway) and I was able to use Ratchet, Wheeljack and Perceptor who were still fairly obscure background characters at this point. The peanut gallery panel is simple with a terrible pun, but personally I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment