Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Comic #1300














































 

FINAL NOTE: I posted the first comic on November 21st, 2006. This comic was posted November 22nd, 2013. There's no way to truly unpack everything here, almost 10 years later, via typing on a keyboard, but I wanted to give everyone a happy ending. Everyone being sent back to their home dimensions, amends being made, and Optimus and Megatron making one final sacrifice for those they care about. And regarding the commentary trio, Kid_Convoy from TFW2005 said it better than I could hope to: "Hound, Cliffjumper and Hot Shot having the final word and they find they have none". Making this final comic was a massive emotional undertaking for me. I remember my wife was out of the house the evening I took these pictures and it really gave me time to come to terms with what was going on. I admit it took me several tries to get through all the pictures since I had to keep taking breaks to regain my composure. It was the same situation when I did the photo editing and put the effects and dialogue in. It took me more than a single day to do it all. Once I posted it on the website I couldn't bring myself to check in for replies for several hours. Once I did, I was met with the kindest comments and well wishes. As frustrating as any fan base can be, there are equal amounts of support in the creative aspects of it. I wouldn't have stuck with this dumb comic for seven years if not for the support, constructive criticism, and friendship I found in the Funnies section on TFW2005. I stopped making comics because my wife and I were having a baby in early 2014. Now my son is 8 years old and he's the smartest, funniest, most creative kid I've ever met. In fact, over the last year he's made his own little comic storyline using my Transformers. I should also note I did a small-scale sequel called "Full Circle" from 2015-2017 I intend to upload as well. Maybe someday I'll get back to making comics again full time and have my son help me with it, but for now, I can just revisit these moments with nostalgia. Thank you for sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment