Monday, December 2, 2013

Author's Reflections - Comic #111








#111

 
I decided to throw Ultra Magnus, Springer and Kup back into the mix of things and it made sense for fellow G1 season 3 character Hot Rod/ Rodimus Prime to be spending time with them since I had established that Optimus didn’t want much to do with them. This strip segued into an inadvertent little sub story featuring Magnus, Kup and Springer, which I actually enjoyed quite a bit despite the three of them not being some of my favorite childhood characters. I think that’s probably because they weren’t the standard Transformers I’d been used to writing for in the strip, so it gave me a chance to establish some new characters, as average as they may be. This is the first appearance of Optimus’ infamous ‘prodding stick’!

No comments:

Post a Comment