Monday, July 6, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #390













#390
 
After a couple comics that felt flat to me I redeemed myself with this one (in my opinion anyway). I always saw the three Conehead Seekers to be the muscle of the group, and one of their best portrayals in the Generation 1 cartoon was an episode in which they essentially fill the roles of mobsters, on a planet to collect debts from a gambling ring. That idea stuck with me and I thought it would be a great idea to have them fulfill that role again, but be completely terrible at it. The tagline “Hired Goons: Goons for Hire” is still hilarious to me, though it never really resonated with the readers like it did with me. There are also some great Acid Storm moments here, sometimes I struggled with writing dialogue for him since I wanted him to sound incredibly intelligent without going overboard with the thesaurus. I think I hit a pretty good happy medium here.

No comments:

Post a Comment