Thursday, July 19, 2012

Author's Reflections- Comic #96










#96  

A confrontation was inevitable, and I definitely wanted to have the Knockoff toys combine to show that even if they did have annoying personalities and shoddy construction, they could surprisingly be a force to be reckoned with. I think one of my favorite parts of this strip is the fact the Knockoffs using the excuse that they had just signed a six month apartment lease and that’s why they couldn’t go back to their home dimension. The name ‘Inferion’ came pretty easy as it is a twist on the Autobot combiner name Superion, but Championizer (surprisingly) took longer to settle on. When I was still going to give the characters stereotypical Jew personalities, the combined toy’s name was going to be Kosheron Maximus, but along with the characterization I settled on, Championizer works so much better than what I originally came up with, obviously. Optimus channeling Bill Lumberg from Office Space and Cliffjumper making matters worse are pretty funny to me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment