Thursday, July 19, 2012

Author's Reflections- Comic #100












#100
 
I definitely wanted to do something big for the landmark #100. Since the last time we had seen Unicron was waaaaaay back in strip #12, I thought it would be perfect to have him show up for the event…but I only wanted him to come in at the very end. I decided for most of the strip it would work to have Optimus and Megatron be the only characters featured trying to work out a truce, then bring in Unicron at the end. I didn’t want to immediately jump into a long story arc again after just finishing the Blue Hole story one strip earlier, but since I enjoy writing, I guess my brain automatically thinks in long-term elaborate storylines. I was very happy with the way strip #100 turned out, even if it’s not the most engaging comic in my vault. I think Unicron’s one line and the huge bugged out cartoon eyes not only on Optimus and Megatron but also Hound, Cliffjumper and Hot Shot turned out really well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment