Thursday, July 19, 2012

Author's Reflections- Comic #98








#98

I realized I hadn’t used the Blue and Grey Knockoffs at all so I threw in this strip at the last minute to give them some screen time since I had no idea at what point, if at all, I’d have them return. The ‘Partialbots’ nickname worked out pretty well since the two toys I had at the time were half of what was supposed to be two combining robots. At this point in time the KB toy outlet I bought the knockoffs at never put the other two out for sale. Since I didn’t have any idea if I’d ever be getting the remaining robots, I just said they had been crushed and left it at that. The half-combiners looked so pathetic and hilarious it worked out so perfectly for what I had in mind. I didn’t use any sort of support to hold them up and I have absolutely no idea how I was able to get them to balance, it was just luck of the draw. “The Partialbots rebuke your pity!” is one of my all-time favorite lines in the history of the comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment