Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Author's Reflections- Comics #441-444

#441
 






 
#442
 







 
#443





 
#444











#441-444
 
I had something big planned for Grimlock and I needed both Maynard and Ratchet’s upgrading machine to be involved to explain it. Masterpiece Grimlock was just too good not to use in the comic. It was an expensive collector’s item but I didn’t intend on doing anything too rough with it, and it’s actually rock-solid as a toy. To get an upgrade of that magnitude I felt Grimlock needed to be blasted by Maynard while simultaneously being upgraded by Ratchet’s machine. I’m really happy with the way it turned out. At this point I was over using upgrades as a plotline so blowing up the machine seemed like the thing to do. Fun fact: I still have the piece of the box with “Roborotica” written on it in a closet along with a few other artifacts I used for the comic. I left Maynard alive since there was always the possibility to introduce more upgrades in the future, and with Ratchet’s machine destroyed, he would be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment