Monday, August 31, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #408










#408
 
Like comic #407, there’s little substance here, but it is integral to the plot. I know Acid Storm said ‘the parlance of our times’, a line said by Maude in The Big Lebowski, several times in the comic’s run which isn’t something I recall being intentional but I wouldn’t change that since it fits his personality. I really loved the Queen/ Freddie Mercury joke but it wasn’t executed the way I envisioned it. One of Megatron’s most memorable lines from the Generation 1 cartoon was “Suggestion noted…and ignored!” so I liked throwing that reference into the comic every once in awhile.
 
The upgrading robot is the toy ‘Fugitoid’ from the 1980’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toyline. It worked perfectly for what I had in store for the little guy. We saw him laying in the machine in the past couple comics but this marks his first full appearance in the comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment