Monday, August 31, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #409









#409
 
Just like using Waspinator as a “volunteer”, the big reveal at the beginning of this comic was not a surprise, and I fully knew that going in. This upgrade is a version of Waspinator from the Animated toyline, which I’ve mentioned is not one of my favorite Transformer generations but I do love this Waspinator toy. As you will see for the duration of the comic run, the toy is very articulated and highly emotive.
 
The upgrading robot switching to an ‘eradication mode’ seemed perfect. It fit the upcoming plot and it was the perfect transition back from Shockwave to Sh*twave. This might be the reason I made such a big deal of Megatron being nice to Shockwave in comic #407, to make sure the readers really remembered that little plot thread before undoing it. I’m grasping at straws on that one.
 
The Peanut Gallery panel had become a second thought at this point since I was focusing on the story of the actual comic but Hot Shot’s line about the robot coming after the Autobots in ‘about a week’ was great, since in all reality that WAS going to happen in real time. I never wanted to pass up the opportunity to poke fun at myself using the commentary trio.


No comments:

Post a Comment