Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Author's Reflections- Comic #478









#478

Here we learn that Maxi-Megs was able to put his own energy field around himself and Bumblebee to protect them from the De-Grading machine. Maxi-Megs really was overly powerful but I wanted to follow through with all the claims made when Mini-Megs first made his appearance. He was super powerful at that point (I mean, he was partly responsible for destroying the entire universe) but I wanted to show that he wasn’t only upgraded in appearance, and was a real threat if left unchecked.

Other things I personally like about this comic are Optimus needing help to stand up, everyone making a big deal about Bumblebee being useful, and the reference that Acid Storm could have possibly been de-graded to his original for: Onslaught’s vomit and Skywarp’s…excrement.

One final note: I don’t know how I overlooked it at the time but Megatron mentioning Cyclonus being in his G1 body yet again wasn’t intentional as far as I remember. I don’t know if I wrote the script for this comic and comic #476 on different days and forgot I had already made the reference or if I thought the point needed to drive the point home that I knew it was a small plot error.

No comments:

Post a Comment