Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Author's Reflections- Comic #65








#65

This strip, though base and incredibly simplistic is in my top five favorite strips in the series. In fact I daresay it may be #1. I have a great appreciation for visual comedy and this was my outlet to show that appreciation. I was originally going to have the other Decepticons laughing be shown via speech bubbles but I’m SO glad I didn’t take that route. I’m proud of the poses I put them in, and I still defend that they blatantly look like they’re laughing hysterically even without words. The situations I put Sh*twave in made me giggle as I took the pictures and I laugh every time I see the pictures, especially the one where he’s crawling out of the tipped over port-a-potty (which turned out better than I thought it would). In my opinion the strip even outshines Hot Shot and the Peanut Gallery. I promise this is the one and only time I’ll pat myself on the back so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment