Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Author's Reflections- Comic #69










#69
 
This strip begins my first extra-long story arc, the Blue Hole Saga. I tend to think about the comics comprised of long story arcs overall so I’ll do my best to break it down as far as I can with that mindset without getting too far ahead of myself. I think Megatron’s overcomplicated plan works in the ‘over the top 1980’s super villain’ way, even if the other Decepticons don’t seem to think so! I liked writing the back and forth dialogue between the different Megatrons, and throwing in the Beast Wars nod with the Transwarp Cell Technology being in its ‘infant stages’ was very satisyfing to me. The actual ‘Transwarp Cell’ is an accessory from another 1980’s toyline, M.A.S.K. It worked nicely for what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment