Monday, January 26, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #242









#242
 
The first thing I notice about this comic is that I made the mistake of using the wrong font for Tapioca.
 
I was trying to build on the rivalry between Optimus and Hot Rod so writing their arguments was really fun at the time. Personally I feel the quote from his G1 toy packaging, “Freedom is the right of all sentient beings”, is really overused to the point of being a joke even not used in a funny context. Changing it slightly is an easy way to write a decent line. It was a great setup for Hot Rod to jump in and start the argument. Optimus does have a point about everything (well…obviously not EVERYTHING) being someone’s right even if you don’t agree with it though I can’t condone puppy genocide.
 
If I could find something to poke fun of myself, I had to have the Commentary Trio mention it.


No comments:

Post a Comment