Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comics #254-255

 
#254
 






#255











#254-255
 
I took a break from using dialogue from the movie because I thought it would be funny for G1 Optimus to try and pull off renaming the Movie Autobots and meet with opposition for the first time. I thought it worked out pretty well, and Hot Rod turning around on G1 Optimus by calling him ‘Deadboy’ was the icing on the cake for me. I will never regret turning Optimus Prime into a self-absorbed jerk but seeing him get a little bit of comeuppance is something I couldn’t pass up.
 
I didn’t originally mean for this story to branch off into another one (which we’ll talk about more very soon) so comic #255 really seems to cut off the building up tension between the G1 and Movieverse Optimus Primes but in retrospect I think having two stories going at the same time was more of a blessing than a curse. It allowed for more characters to get some “screentime” and neither plot went on for too long because of it. This is one of the few times something like this worked out for the best in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment