Thursday, January 29, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #278











#278
 
With Onslaught having dropped into the comic out of thin air I wanted to give him a little bit of time before giving him his upgrade and this seemed like a good time to do it. It’s nothing special but there was some good back and forth dialogue between him and Starscream.
 
Those who are familiar with the various Transformers toylines would immediately notice that this toy isn’t actually Onslaught…it’s a repaint of Onslaught that was included in the 2001 Robots in Disguise toyline named Mega-Octane. I never had any of the Combaticon toys when I was a kid and at this point in my collecting I was content with forming the Bruticus combiner out of Mega-Octane and the Generation 2 limbs. It made for a horrible looking combination. I’ve since added a true Generation 1 Onslaught (and Bruticus) to my collection. I made due with what I had for this comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment