Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #251








#251
 
My absolute favorite thing about the comics that spoofed the live action movies is definitely the interaction between G1 Optimus and Movieverse Optimus. The dialogue and sheer tension between the two was so easy to write for. I remember being very happy with the way this first comic turned out, and I still am. I wanted one of the G1 Autobots to follow Movie Optimus’ orders in an attempt to save their hide and personally I thought that Grimlock and Hot Rod were too obvious so it went to Jetfire, which I was happy with. I never really felt that Classics Jetfire really came into his own during the run of the comic but every now and then I was able to work him in with something funny, like in this example.


No comments:

Post a Comment