Thursday, April 10, 2014

Author's Reflections- Comic #118










#118
 
I took Megatron out of the story pretty early on because I wanted the remaining conflict to be between the Autobots and Unicron. It was much easier to reach the resolution I had in mind without getting the Decepticons involved. Kup’s long speech is most notable time I used Grandpa Simpson as direct inspiration. I changed quite a few words to reflect Kup’s history but the intent is the same. After dropping some heavy dialogue for Hot Shot in the previous strip I went back to basics and gave him some simple childlike lines here. I like that Hound and Cliffjumper were affected by Kup’s speech like Megatron was. I suppose the reason they weren’t sent into comas is that they’re used to hearing Kup’s speeches!

No comments:

Post a Comment