Friday, April 18, 2014

Author's Reflections- Comics #147-148

 
#147
 





#148
 









#147-148
 
I definitely wanted the Decepticons to get through the hole first, jumping through with little to no thought about the consequences. This left behind the Autobots which gave me the chance to build up tension first and foremost, but in doing so I was able to show the contrast between the Decepticons and the Autobots who were much more weary about the consequences of jumping through the hole. Having the hole start to shrink was, as Hot Rod put it, simply just a standard plot device to build up even more tension as the Autobots tried to decide what they should do. This extra time also gave me the opportunity to give Hot Shot and Cliffjumper one last line each with the apartment backdrop. In retrospect I wish I’d done the same for Hound.
 
I Googled pictures of explosions, originally just wanting something campy to use for the last panel but that shot of an H-Bomb explosion was WAY too cool not to use.
 
And that ended the tenure of the comic in my apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment