Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Author's Reflections- Comics #157-160

 
#157
 







#158
 




#159
 




#160
 








#157-160
 
With the cast split up into small groups I wanted to spend a few comics focusing on each of them before getting them all back together. Naturally, I dragged it out a little too long. Looking back at these four comics I could easily have condensed them down into one or two. I think my favorite part out of all these comics is the bit about Hot Rod’s communicator. For those of you who don’t have a history with Transformers, Hot Rod had a buzz saw weapon he briefly used in the 1986 animated movie. When the Classics Hot Rod toy was released in 2006 it had a little piece that flipped out, vaguely resembling the saw blade, labeled as a communicator. I definitely wasn’t the first one to make a joke at its expense, but that’s the background behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment