Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Author's Reflections- Comic #149











#149
 
I took a few weeks off from the comic so I could get moved into my house, but I remember all I really wanted to do was get my table moved in so I could take more pictures! I had the next handful of scripts done and I was excited for what was to come because it was one of those instances the ideas started flowing freely and everything just clicked together so well.
 
I was still getting used to the different light sources in my new house so there’s a few pictures in this comic that are pretty washed out from the flash. It’s disappointing but everything has a learning curve I suppose.
 
I’d had the insect knockoffs, “The Ungas”, for some time…half of them for years in fact…and before I had decided to move out of my apartment I had wanted them to be the next group to come out of the blue hole and terrorize the Autobots and Decepticons in their home dimension. Since plans changed, I decided it was fitting to use them as the first natives the Transformers come in contact with in the new dimension. I gave them the personalities of Cro-Magnon cavemen for one real purpose, which we’ll talk about in the commentary for the next strip. I wanted to set them apart so I used a different font  I enjoyed them so much I’ve used them several times since this initial appearance, and although they all appeared very one-dimensional and static I’ve given them their own personalities over the years. I haven’t been able to display those personalities in the actual comic per se, but I have fleshed them out via Character Profile Biographies, which I started a couple weeks after these first comics in the new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment