Monday, May 5, 2014

Author's Reflections- Comic #175










#175
 
When I wrote the embarrassing comic #174 I didn’t have any idea where to take it from there. I had some personal issues I was dealing with including a bad bout of depression and I didn’t have any inspiration for how to wrap up what I had initiated with the story, and only a couple ideas for the future I didn’t know how I was going to implement. I remember sitting at the computer screen wondering if I had finally reached a brick wall and have to stop making the comic, but when I gave the commentary panel of #174 another look I realized I could take what was originally a throwaway comment from Hot Shot and turn it into an idea. The script for #175 came entirely too easy, and drawing it shabbily in paint was some of the most fun I’ve ever had during the entire duration of the comic. I was so happy with what I had come up with I was able to write the next few comics right afterward. It also spawned the series of drawings “by Hot Shot” I do every once in awhile when the mood strikes me right. I can honestly say this simple strip saved the lifespan of the comic! It also proved to me how cathartic this comic truly was for me in my day to day life as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment