Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Author's Reflections- Comic #202










#202
 
I was still working with the intention that the Knockoffs were cohabitating with the Autobots at this point and I was trying to include them as full time characters taking orders from Optimus. This wouldn’t last long, especially as I started to add more actual Transformers into the comic. Something I really like from this set of comics is how absolutely neurotic and insane Optimus is. His dialogue in this comic particularly achieved exactly what I was going for. Optimus’ line; “Can’t sleep, Primus will tell me to do things” is definitely a play on words of a line from a classic Simpsons flashback episode in which Homer makes young Bart a clown bed, which turns out frightening. Bart ends up sitting in the corner, rocking back and forth while repeating “Can’t sleep, clown will eat me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment