Friday, May 30, 2014

Author's Reflections- Comic #221










#221
 
This comic will always stick out in my mind just because of how much fun I had photoshopping the panels with the Decepticons charging in towards Optimus. As usual the quality of the photoshipping is poor but it was still entertaining to make nonetheless. I also enjoyed making a comic that the Decepticons actually had the upper hand on the Autobots (in no small part thanks to my version of Optimus’ ignorance). I was still on a giddy high after finally obtaining all six of the Classics Decepticon jets so just seeing them all together in their jet mode was exciting. Hot Shot’s line in the peanut gallery is what stands out to me most, since I had written this long before I began my fascination with Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx, who luckily avoided death several times and was even declared legally dead after overdosing on Heroin. Since then I have read both of Nikki’s books and absolutely love his band Sixx:AM's albums, so it’s pretty humorous I had Hot Shot say that randomly on a whim back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment