Friday, May 30, 2014

Author's Reflections- Comic #225










#225

 

I really could have combined #225 and #226 into a single comic but I felt like I should have the moment with Bumblebee talking to the audience about suspending belief with the movie protoform. I didn’t want anyone taking things too literally. I was sure that most of the people who read my comic knew what protoforms were, but just in case I had any new fans that weren’t familiar with the Beast Wars cartoon drop in to read the comic I thought it would be a good idea to have the Peanut Gallery do some research as a way to explain exactly what they were. It worked out great anyway since there were no protoforms in the G1 cartoon, Hound and Cliffjumper would need the education themselves anyway. I still like the idea that rather than borrow a computer from an Autobot, Hot Shot felt like he had to steal one from Shortround.


No comments:

Post a Comment