Thursday, May 8, 2014

Author's Reflections- Comic #187










#187
 
This comic further digs into Sh*twave’s conflicted brain that I touched on before. One thing that worked out VERY well was the toy’s posing for this comic. Compared to a lot of the modern toys, the Alternators had some very restrictive articulation but Shockwave’s mold is one of the few that really lends it to some expressive poses. Sure, I did the posing but I can’t take complete credit for it since it doesn’t work this well all the time. The stars must have been aligned just right the night I took the pictures! This comic also introduced one of my favorite characters in any Transformers incarnations…Waspinator. There will be plenty of time to talk about him so I won’t go into it in depth here.
 
Another idea I had that didn’t materialize was an intense hatred of Waspinator by Hot Shot. Both of them talked in the third person, both were comedy relief…it seemed to work so well. It’s KIND OF maintained whenever Waspinator appeared in the comic but not at the level I thought it was going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment