Sunday, November 27, 2011

Author's Reflections- Comic #10









#10

South Park fans will recognize this short bit from an episode from 2002. Kenny had just been killed off ‘for good’ and they had replaced him with Butters. The boys had Butters wearing Kenny’s orange parka. When they called him Kenny, Butters protested that he “Wasn’t Kenny.” So of course the joke went on with the other three boys calling him “Not Kenny.”, “My name’s not ‘Not Kenny;” and so on and so forth. Since both Swerve and Pipes are repaints/ remolds it worked out nicely. Pipes’ “I’m gettin’ steamed now” is my favorite line from Butters during the South Park exchange, but I like my personal addition of Swerve going along with Optimus’ confusion.

I wanted to have the ‘Gone Drinkin’ sign on a thinner post of some sort but didn’t have anything to accomplish that. I went with a decorative Djembe (pronounced jem-bay, an African hand drum) just as a lark. I still don’t like the way it looks. This is the reason I’ve just used the text and rectangle features in paint to include most of the other signs or notes in the strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment