Sunday, November 27, 2011

Author's Reflections- Comic #29









#29

One of the most ridiculous things to me in the original Cartoon was Megatron’s gun alt mode. When he did transform, it was into a Walther P38 handgun. Now as if having the biggest baddest Decepticon around turn into something that required someone else to hold wasn’t hilariously dumb on its own, he was a GIGANTIC handgun that the other Decepticons (and Optimus Prime on occasion) grabbed and fired. As a kid I always wondered why Soundwave could shrink down to the size of a standard cassette player when he transformed, but Megatron rarely did. The best excuse of course is that it was an 80’s cartoon, nothing made sense. This is the only time I’ve had Megatron transform in my comic strip and I thought it would be funny for him to not shrink at all and crush Starscream in the process. This was also the first strip where I tried any extensive cutting and pasting. It worked alright for what it was, but thankfully I’ve gotten a little better at it…emphasis on ‘a little’.

No comments:

Post a Comment