Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Author's Reflections- Comic #52






#52

A small continuation from the previous strip, it features Optimus being the neurotic mess he is (in my characterization anyway), and going to any means necessary to find out what they’re saying. When I found R2-D2 for strip 38 I also found C-3PO and thought I could use it in a future strip and thought there was no better time than this. I wrestled to try to come up with something hilarious for his failed ‘translation’ but sadly couldn’t come up with something better than I did. It’s random but not the quality I was gunning for. It also provided me weak material to write the Peanut Gallery panel. I think the main overlying joke of the strip worked out alright, but the final punch line left a lot to be desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment