Sunday, November 27, 2011

Author's Reflections- Comic #18









#18



I remember I was going to have the Special Robot Games continue until #20 but I got tired of the story. I wrapped it up with this strip, having Grimlock “win” not because he’s my favorite Transformer but because his personality fit with my memories of grade school PE class and the bullies using their physical size and intimidation to best the rest of us in all the sports we’d play. I consider this my first real successful foray into using the Paint program to draw in accessories. The medals are nothing special, but still better than the seltzer bottles and pies from strip #11. Cliffjumper’s vomit and Hot Shot’s damaged arm turned out better than I thought they would too.


As an inside joke, I put a 13 on Grimlock’s left hip just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment