Sunday, November 27, 2011

Author's Reflections- Comic #13










#13

Now we’re at the Special Robot Games. I wanted Megatron and Optimus to meet at the very beginning to get it out of the way. I knew I wanted something ridiculously stupid to prevent a big fight, and the cotton candy worked nicely. I also through in Megatron’s “There shall be no war today Prime…you have earned Megatron’s respect.” Is straight from the ending of Season 3 when Galvatron and Optimus are face to face after the Hate Plague fiasco. The actual Special Robot Games were also my way of not only including some of the slower-witted Transformers by character but also to poke fun at some of the Armada-era toys for being physically handicapped. The last panels with Hound and Cliffjumper passing out are still very funny to me. It’s not exactly in alignment with what Hound’s character has become in the strip, but hey even the best of us have to get drunk sometimes right?

No comments:

Post a Comment