Sunday, November 27, 2011

Author's Reflections- Comic #27







#27

After introducing the different Optimus Primes, I felt the next logical step would be to bring in the four other Megatrons from the various toylines to add to the somewhat limited members of my Decepticon team. Sometimes dialogue sounds better in my head than what it turns out to be, and I’m still not a fan of the lengthy “Besides, this is more entertaining than the time Skywarp figured out how to teleport nothing except his butt into the fembots’ locker room!” quote. I think “…than the time Skywarp figured out how to teleport only his butt…” would have worked better. Different phrasings is something I’m still trying to work on as a writer. I’ve gotten a little better, but even in some recent strips I’ll read them and wish I’d have worded some of the dialogue differently.


This is the first of a handful of strips where Hot Shot went missing. I got a lot of replies on the chat board, and even some emails from people asking where he went, and how long it would be until he returned. This was a big eye opener for me, and I’ve tried not to go for too many strips without including Hot Shot in them. I want to give my little group of readers what they want! All in all it was a fun little game to play, since it was a few weeks before I brought Hot Shot back, and was able to build up into his eventual return.

No comments:

Post a Comment