Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Author's Reflections- Comic #57









#57

After the Nightbeat dialogue during the missing Hot Shot storyline, I decided to actually put him into the strip. Since I didn't have Nightbeat I got the headshot off of a resource website, TFU.info. I was originally going to do the same thing I did in the coutroom strips by stacking up boxes to make Teletraan-1 (the Autobot’s computer in the original series) but decided to finally just go for it and try to alter the entire background again. After my lackluster results in strips 43 & 44 I was determined to do a better job. I’m not saying its perfect here, but I was much happier with the results here than I was with those comics. It’s a pretty basic script but I like it. When I posted it on TFW2005, I left a lot of space in between the two peanut gallery panels to play with the readers a bit…I don’t know if it particularly made them think for a moment Hot Shot went missing again but I had to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment