Sunday, November 27, 2011

Author's Reflections- Comic #8












#8

Yet again using an old fandom joke to ‘undo’ parts of the animated movie, I simply shrugged off the gruesome death scene of Brawn, Ratchet, Prowl and Ironhide as a simple lack of common sense, like Devestator-a giant robot made out of huge construction vehicles-standing upright inside of Astrotrain-a space shuttle. Hardcore G1 supporters can try to explain it away as mass shifting or other excuses, but it doesn’t keep it from being flat out hilarious…in my eyes anyway.

This was also my chance to ‘get back’ at the new season 3 characters which I always felt were second stringers even as a child. Immature? Of course!

At the time I thought having several Transformers suddenly appear out of nowhere to speak out against Wheelie would be funny but it really just looks messy to me now looking back at it.

More on Wheelie in the next commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment