Friday, June 5, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #299









#299
 
As much fun as I had with the (anti) climactic battle in comic #298, this no-frills comic featuring one toy and some bad Microsoft Paint editing was very welcome to put together. Of course the number of toys used in the previous couple comics were nothing compared to what I would do in future comics, but at the time it seemed the table was just overflowing with toys.
 
While writing the script for comic #296, I originally intended Shockwave to be in the background standing behind Megatron rather than Deathkill until I realized the last time we had seen him he had his head poked through the Purple Hole leading to the Beast Wars universe. Since I had big plans for the Purple Hole anyway, I left Shockwave out of the battle in comic #298 thinking he would come in handy for the transition into the next storyline. It wouldn’t be for awhile longer, but he would most definitely come in handy down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment