Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comics #346-349

 
#346
 








 
#347









 
#348








 
#349









#346-349
 
Like I’ve said before, I really could have picked a better time for the Optimus/ Hot Rod rivalry to reach a boiling point. It wasn’t anything I wanted to spend a lot of time on, in fact it was always intended to be a ‘flash in the pan’ so to speak, but there were just too many stories running simultaneously, and I finally realized that. Optimus’ and Hot Rod’s interaction was always something I enjoyed writing and these comics have some great back and forth action between them. I always liked how Optimus finally just upgraded Hot Rod to Rodimus simply because he wanted to prove who was the better man (or robot). Other highlights for me are Sideswipe’s excitement over the “Leader Fight”, the closing in of the ‘camera’ at the beginning of comic #348, and the total anticlimactic punch Optimus set on Rodimus. The rivalry wasn’t over but I knew it was time to start bringing things together.
 
Most of the Peanut Gallery panels aren’t anything great, but I do like the one for comic #349, where Mini-Megs gets in on the commentary himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment