Friday, June 12, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #338









#338
 
In spite of all the stupidity and silly stories, I really do enjoy writing for characters and give them a little bit of development here and there. The main reason I wanted Megatron gone was to do a little bit more with Starscream, since his main contribution to the comic was to declare leadership at every opportunity…which fits the characters just fine, and is an extreme version of what constantly went on in the G1 cartoon but I thought it was time for something a little deeper than a puddle. I liked the idea that Starscream would have a full-blown meltdown if he didn’t have Megatron to harass. Would he live up to the standard he set for himself or would he be a horrible leader? Obviously this isn’t the first story to be based off that concept but I wanted to do it my own way with a bit of humor thrown in. There’s a lot going on at this point in the comic so it’s not explored immediately but we’ll get to more of Starscream soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment