Friday, June 12, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #340











#340
 
This comic seems really out of place, and it added another layer to a storyline that already had a lot of layers already. It made things pretty convoluted and I’d have probably spaced things out a little better if I had a chance to go back in time. That being said, I had wanted to do this comic for awhile. The comments that Optimus was a jerk had been increasing and I felt like I needed to do something to show it was all in good fun and that this version of him was more inept than cruel. I wanted him to point out that most of his more abrasive behavior was targeted at Hot Rod, as well as trying to keep his team tough. I wasn’t going to be changing Optimus’ personality at all, and if I lost some readers over it, I was willing to swallow that pill and stay the course.
 
Again, I could have picked a better time to do this comic, but I definitely wanted to keep the Matrix accounted for, and I also wanted Optimus’ and Hot Rod’s rivalry to escalate, which we’ll get to eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment