Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #343












#343
 
Here we see a bit of Starscream’s breakdown that I talked about in the commentary for comic #338. I think I did a pretty good job of conveying a combination of his world falling apart with his signature arrogance, playing everything off like he was only concerned about keeping himself alive. I’ve felt like there was truth his statement about passing off leadership to prevent Unicron from coming after him, but at the core he just didn’t know what to do without Megatron to pester. I used this opportunity to throw in the various other Megatrons and their willingness to take over. Its something I probably should have done with them more often, but I wanted to keep elements from the G1 cartoon in the comic, and Starscream had the opportunist thing down pat already.

No comments:

Post a Comment