Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comics #313-314

 
#313
 






#314
 







#313-314
 
Really the main thing that sticks out in my mind about this is what a relief it was to stop using so many toys as background characters…which is quite funny because at the start of the comic I always wanted MORE Decepticon characters to use in the comic. I love that Waspinator had run-ins with the cro magnon humans every time he was forced to go back through the hole to his own dimension to fetch something.
 
I thought the best possible thing to do was the Decepticons treating Waspinator exactly like they did Shockwave way back when they created the first Blue Hole in the original universe. Little throwbacks like that typically worked pretty well since I liked digging up older storylines for inspiration in future stories.
 
That “Transwarp Cell” and Acid Storm’s gadget was made using accessories from old MASK and X-Men toys I had stored away in my shed. I raided those storage bins several times looking for accessories to use in the comic!
 
I have no idea what Hot Shot’s words mean in the commentary panel of comic #313, nor do I have any recollection of how I came up with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment