Thursday, June 25, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #384













#384
 
I wanted to use Bluestreak much more in the comics but I didn’t quite know how to incorporate his trademark motormouth into the stories without having a massive wall of dialogue or him coming off as flat out annoying. I didn’t worry about that so much in a comic dedicated directly to him. I might have gone overboard with the dialogue in some of the panels but I felt like his rambling dialogue captured his personality fairly well. I was also extremely excited to only have to worry about using one single toy for the comic (aside from the commentary trio of course) rather than a giant group of them, which had been the norm for the big stories I’d been doing up to this point. Random behind the scenes fact: In the original script I didn’t have the character on the phone say “I’m ok” after the second gunshot at the end of the main comic. When I got done putting the dialogue in I felt that it might be too dark for the mood I had set up to I added in “I’m ok” to appease my conscience.
 
For those that don’t know, the joke in the commentary trio panel was about both Cliffjumper and Bluestreak being voiced by the great Casey Kasem in the Generation 1 cartoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment