Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comics #301-305 AKA “The Plight of the Bumblebee” [with selected comics from ShadowDragon’s Transhinki World (And Friends)]






 








 













































































#301-305 AKA “The Plight of the Bumblebee” [with selected comics from ShadowDragon’s Transhinki World (And Friends)]
 
Earlier on in the summer, TFW2005 chat board member ShadowDragon sent me a private message asking if I would be interested in doing a small crossover with him, and I was definitely open to the idea. Sadly I’ve long since deleted those conversations since we’re allotted a limited amount of storage space for private messages there so I’m strictly going by memory nearly six years out but I seem to remember he pitched the idea of tying up the loose end of where Bumblebee had been in my comic by explaining that he had found his way into his comic, Transhinki World (And Friends), and had been interacting with his characters. I loved the idea since I really hadn’t thought too far ahead and come to a conclusion of where Bumblebee had been in my comic after Bugbite was created. I don’t remember which one of us came up with the idea of calling the crossover “The Plight of the Bumblebee” but it worked really well. We both wrote scripts, sent them back and forth and worked out the storyline that we would use. Unfortunately I don’t have any of ShadowDragon’s comics leading up to this event, but here are the ten comics that comprised the actual crossover. A huge amount of special thanks go out to ShadowDragon for the idea of wanting to work with me and for the amount of work he put into doing all the photoshop for the comics and of course for being one of the nicest guys I’ve ever talked to on TFW2005!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment