Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #312









#312
 
The Decepticons’ mini story arc really didn’t need to be dragged out but I wanted to finally get around to giving Acid Storm characterization and I thought this would be the perfect chance to do so. For a time I considered keeping Acid Storm mute, mainly used to give the camera sideways glances during ‘freeze frame’ shots but finally decided to go in a different direction. Being created from vomit and feces the last thing I thought the readers would expect was much intelligence from him at all. When he was a genius with a penchant for using large words he became a fairly popular character in the comic and made me quite happy. I loved writing for Acid Storm but like Bugbite, it was one of those characters that I didn’t want to overuse so he rarely saw the spotlight. He was absolutely a welcome addition to the comic regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment