Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #370















#370
 
I have to say this is one of my favorite comics of the entire run. I was (and still am) extremely happy with the way it turned out from the building, to the pictures and toy poses and the (simple) effects. I wanted all the groups in Knockora-Offina to be represented so every character that made an appearance in the comic in 2008 was in the group shot photos (I even think, by no small miracle, even most of their faces weren’t obscured).
 
I felt this was the perfect time for Cliffjumper to reveal he was the one who let Kup, Ultra Magnus and Springer out of the Dinobots’ closet way back in Comic #115. I always knew it was going to be Cliffjumper for the exact reason he stated in the comic…it was completely out of character for him to do so and I figured no one would suspect him. It leads to some tricky continuity issues what with Cliffjumper being there to comment on the same comic in which he was supposedly somewhere else entirely but I was never very strict on how the Commentary Trio worked…some comics it seemed they were watching previously recorded footage, other times they were obviously watching what was happening in real time. It just depended on what was convenient for the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment