Thursday, June 25, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #383











#383
 
Not only could I feature my favorite characters and create mosaic stories with the spotlights, I could use characters that hadn’t gotten much exposure in the grand scheme of things. Grapeaid had been seen in spurts but Litebrite hadn’t been featured much at all. I didn’t feel there was enough about Litebrite to warrant a solo comic all to himself but featuring these two as friends seemed to be the perfect compromise. Obviously Grapeaid steals the show here but I actually like the dynamic between the two of them here much more than the jokes. You can tell that the two of them are actually very good friends, and Grapeaid recognizes that but his own personality prevents him from really acknowledging that fact. This comic may not be the most popular but looking at it from the character-driven writing standpoint I really think I’d mark this one among my best work. “Ass Well That Ends Well” was probably the best title in this set of spotlights as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment