Friday, June 12, 2015

Author's Reflections- Comic #334









#334
 
I recall the first draft of this comic started out with the Autobots leaving the Matrix out in the open to ambush Unicron but I didn’t like it…first off it was very short and I was in the mindset at this point to write longer comics. Secondly I just felt like I could do something a little better with the plan to trap Unicron with the Matrix. I added in the first two panels, which I ended up liking a lot. Then I thought a Looney Tunes-esque trap involving a box, stick and string could be funny so I tried to put one together using a drumstick, a box (yes, the same one used in the Plight of the Bumblebee crossover) and looked around for some string. The drumstick wouldn’t hold up the box on the smooth table and no string was to be found, so I used a broken drumstick and a broken A/C chord and how well it worked is debatable. Of course in this comic any type of victory is one to be celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment